- Publication date
- 17 February 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 18 April 2024, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes (HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01)
TOPIC ID: HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-12
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute to the following expected outcomes:
- Development of at least three market ready vessel design solutions to address short sea shipping, inland waterway transport and high seas shipping making innovative use of combinations of close to market (TRL 7 or higher) emission reduction and efficiency improvement technologies to reduce emissions from shipping in line with the expectations within the EUs “Fit for 55” legislative package.
- Quantitative assessment of the designs towards achieving significant emissions reductions consistent with the EU’s ‘Fit for 55’ package objectives and the IMO’s Carbon Intensity Indicator through verifiable KPI’s.
- Facilitation of the continuous improvement and upgrading of existing vessels to increase efficiency and reduce emissions through the measurement and bench marking of operational profiles.
- Quantification of the contribution towards cutting emissions from a range of emission reduction technologies on a life cycle basis. Including the separate and joint consideration of design and operations within relevant environments. Enable assessment of the retrofit and refurbishment options of applied emission reduction technologies.
- Support accelerated conversion of inland and maritime vessels s towards better energy efficiency and reduced emissions.
- Development of robust business models for the design concepts, to ensure a high probability of commercial European deployment and the expectation of becoming operational by 2030.