- Publication date
- 13 December 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes (HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01)
TOPIC ID: HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-12
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute to the following expected outcomes:
- Full scale on board operational demonstration of a sustainable climate-neutral fuel system, including fuel distribution, bunkering, fuels storage, power conversion and possible residue handling, in a realistic on-board operational environment;
- Verifiable KPIs to prove the effectiveness, viability, and impact of the demonstrated solutions;
- KPIs to be demonstrated include: ship power optimisation; bunkering specificity (equipment, safety, operations, flowrate); energy consumption efficiency in waterborne transport; reduction of the global emission of GHGs; life-cycle GHG emissions on a well-to-wake assessment basis and reduction of the air pollution emissions (notably SOx, NOx, CO, PM, black carbon) in a range of operating scenarios.
- Accelerated transition to climate-neutral or zero-emission maritime and inland ship operations, by facilitating the wider adoption of sustainable climate neutral fuels at a larger scale and for vessels requiring prolonged autonomy. Particularly focusing on fuels where significant on-board challenges remain, with consideration of the specific supply chain requirements to satisfy the needs of maritime transport and inland navigation, in particular shipping activities with frequent cargo handling operations.
- Demonstrated possibilities from smart digitalisation, to facilitate the on-board use of sustainable climate neutral waterborne fuels.
- Demonstrate achievement of the 2040 targets specified within the European Commission proposal for a Fuel EU Maritime regulation reference COM/2021/562.