- Publication date
- 17 February 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes (HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01)
TOPIC ID: HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-11
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute to the following expected outcomes:
- Demonstrate increased performance, efficiency, feasibility and reliability of battery installations in high voltage on board distribution systems and thereby facilitate the greater deployment of battery electric shipping.
- Development and validation of battery real-time condition monitoring systems with predictive analytics integrated algorithms.
- Demonstration of high-capacity energy storage systems above 1 MWh directly interfaced to medium voltage AC (3.3 kV or above) or DC (above 1 kV) power systems, by modular approaches.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of an innovative low weight, high-energy density battery concept in demonstrators, considering maritime and inland waterway transport applications, including demonstration of on-board battery safety.
- Efficient modular redundant conversion systems with low voltage battery modules at floating potential and insulation for cost effective integrated battery modules and conversion systems are designed.
- Evaluation of sustainable life cycle management of electrical energy storage systems.