- Publication date
- 17 February 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 18 April 2024, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes (HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01)
TOPIC ID: HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-14
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute to the following expected outcomes:
- Enabling reduced emissions from waterborne transport through increased electrification including hybrid power systems.
- Demonstration of the feasibility of a secondary smart DC grid (engineering framework, distribution/protection devices).
- Demonstration of smart management and control of hybrid electric plants, combining different energy sources, including sustainable climate neutral fuels so as to minimize total lifecycle net GHG emissions
- Development of a new configuration for the entire power generation architecture for large scale waterborne transport ready to be deployed.
- Development of new power electronic systems for AC/DC converters and DC circuit breakers within the electrical network with higher efficiency.
- Assessment of the waterborne transport emission reduction from increased electrification including hybrid power systems. Benchmarking and quantification of achieved GHG emission reduction through relevant quantifiable KPIs.
- Assessment through verifiable KPIs of the operating costs reductions and the reduction in emissions by cutting energy consumption and extending service intervals of the generator sets.
- Assessment through verifiable KPIs of the efficiency and power density improvements to reduce the overall volume and weight.