- Publication date
- 17 February 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 18 April 2024, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes (HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01)
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute to the following expected outcomes:
- A full understanding of the business model, labour, financial and commercial barriers to the take up of innovative low and/or zero emission solutions for waterborne transport, including consideration of ship financing and investment structures, charter and other contracts.
- Identification of potential solutions to overcome business model and commercial barriers to the take up of innovative low and zero emission solutions in waterborne transport.
- Understanding of the industrial capacity and how it would be scheduled to retrofit and/or replace the current European fleet to meet 2030 and 2050 emission reduction and pollution targets. Considering all vessels operating within the European region, including inland waterway transport vessels, short sea shipping services (including ferries and cargo vessels), cruise and offshore vessels;
- Increase commitment from the wider waterborne sector, including finance, contracting insurance, charterers, operators, owners, public stake holders, technology providers as well as civil society towards recognizing the importance of European waterborne transport, its environmental objectives and the consequential economic impacts.