Currently, technical, financial, regulatory, and other barriers prevent many EU fishers, aquaculture producers from accelerating the energy transition in the sector. Working together with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve concrete and practical solutions is therefore essential for making the transition.
The Energy Transition Partnership (ETP) invites all stakeholders which genuine interest in accelerating the transition, to work together on a voluntary basis to bring forward the energy transition in the sector. It will be the platform for stakeholder dialogue, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. Stakeholders expressing interest in the Partnership will participate in dialogues and workshops of different themes, notably on innovation, knowledge gaps, technology, skills and finance.
This work will be the basis for the development of a voluntary roadmap with measurable milestones and actions for the energy transition of the EU fisheries and aquaculture sector towards climate neutrality by 2050. The roadmap will be developed jointly by the participants stakeholders and the European Commission and will be delivered by 2024.
The ETP will bring together key stakeholders to:
- Gather a community of actors;
- Start a dialogue within the sector about opportunities and challenges of the energy transition on the topic of the energy transition;
- Discuss and develop common strategic approaches for furthering the energy transition in the sector;
- Contribute to a roadmap with concrete and feasible actions to accelerate the transition in the sector;
- Showcase concrete examples of initiatives from stakeholders, and give visibility to the projects and best practices on energy transition.