The Energy Transition Partnership (ETP) invites all stakeholders with a genuine interest in accelerating the transition to work together voluntarily to bring forward the energy transition in the sector. This new feature of the EU Blue Economy Observatory brings stakeholder dialogue, collaboration, and a knowledge-sharing platform. Stakeholders expressing interest in the Partnership can participate in discussions and workshops on various themes, notably innovation, knowledge gaps, technology, skills and finance.
This work will be the basis for developing a voluntary roadmap with measurable milestones and actions for the energy transition of the EU fisheries and aquaculture sector towards climate neutrality by 2050. The roadmap will be developed jointly by the participants stakeholders and the European Commission and will be delivered by 2024.
The ETP will bring together key stakeholders to:
- Gather a community of actors;
- Start a dialogue within the sector about opportunities and challenges of the energy transition on the topic of the energy transition;
- Discuss and develop common strategic approaches for furthering the energy transition in the sector;
- Contribute to a roadmap with concrete and feasible actions to accelerate the transition in the sector;
- Showcase concrete examples of initiatives from stakeholders and give visibility to the projects and best practices on energy transition.
Furthermore, DG MARE will organise several workshops within the context of the Energy Transition Partnership. The workshops will follow the main areas identified in the Communication on the Energy Transition in EU fisheries and aquaculture
The first workshop will cover financing of the energy transition and will take place on 28 November 2023. More workshops will be announced soon.
- Publication date
- 20 October 2023